President Donald Trump had previously accused China for this incident.
In a joint statement released Tuesday, the Intelligence agencies pointed their fingers towards Moscow for the cyberhacks saying threat is not over. The hack previously alleged to China by Mr. President.
Agencies told that the threats are still high and the damage will take a long time to repair. They pointed out to the Russia saying the hacks are "likely, Russian Origin".
The statement was issued on the behalf of the FBI, the National Security Agency, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity agency.
"This is a serious compromise that will require a sustained and dedicated effort to remediate," the statement said. "This work indicates that an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actor, likely Russian in origin, is responsible for most or all of the recently discovered, ongoing cyber compromises of both government and non-governmental networks."
"At this time, we believe this was, and continues to be, an intelligence gathering effort."
Eighteen thousand customers of the product Orion by the company Solar Wind are affected by the hack. But the statement suggests, “a much smaller number has been compromised by follow-on activity on their system." The US Treasury was among those which previously acknowledged being targeted.