At least three rockets hit the area nearby the US military base at 9:30 pm local time on Monday.
In an attack, claimed by no one (as of yet), three people have been said to have died and at least eight people are wounded. One of the killed was the US-contractor.
Two civilians were also wounded and damages to cars and other properties also had been caused.
Kurdistan's interior ministry said that several people had been injured based on the initial probes.
Authorities have asked the residents to stay cautioned and stay away from the targeted areas.
Some of the US news media have blamed the attack on Iran.
The US Secretary of the State said that the US-administration is outraged by the rocket attack.
Blinken has also said he is in touch with the Kurdish PM, “to pledge our support for all efforts to investigate and hold accountable those responsible.”