Ellyse Perry reigns over the female category
Virat Kohli becomes the first to win ICC Male Cricketer of the decade and ICC Male ODI player of the decade as the International Cricket Council announced the ICC Awards of the decade, today.
For the first time the fans’ voice was heard in the selection of the winners across the categories including the Sir Garfield Sobers and Rachael Heyhoe Flint Awards, also referred to as ICC Male Cricketer of the decade and ICC Female Cricketer of the decade. The fan vote made up 10% of the voting, while votes from an expert panel made the remaining 90%.
On the other Category, Steve Smith won the ICC Awards for the Test Cricketer of the decade, and Rashid Khan won ICC Male's T20i Cricketer of the decade. Scottish National, Kyle Coetzer won the ICC Male Associate Player of the decade.
Photo courtesy: GettyImages
On the Female awards, Ellyse Perry won in all three major categories. She won ICC Female cricketer of the decade, ICC ODI Female Cricketer of the decade, and the ICC T20i Female Cricketer of the decade. Scottish National, Kathryn Bryce won the ICC Female Associate Cricketer of the decade.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was given the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade. The former Indian skipper was given the award for his gesture of calling back England batsman Ian Bell after a bizarre run out in the Nottingham Test in 2011.