US President Donald Trump on Wednesday denied and burst out on his health reports of suffering "mini stokes" last year and called it "fake news".
Trump through his twitter account says, "It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to this candidate - fake news."
It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 1, 2020
Trump added, "perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another party."
The tweet was followed hours later by a statement from White House physician Dr. Sean Conley, who said he was speaking out at Trump's request.
Conley confirmed that Trump "has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies."
Conley said it was "incorrectly reported in the media."
In his book “Donald Trump v. The United States,” Michael Schmidt writes that the White House wanted Vice President Mike Pence to be put on standby to temporarily assume the powers of the presidency during Trump’s unannounced visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in November, according to a copy of the book reviewed by the Times on Monday and by CNN on Tuesday.